This is a subject I don’t hear a many people talk about but it’s an important one if you want to be successful long term.
It’s also not easy.
The path to knowing your audience is generally not a simple, straight path. It begins with research that jumps off to any number of other places and concepts to explore.
And that path will be different for every audience.
While I want to be able to tell you step-by-step what to do, it isn’t that easy.
What we can help you do is look at examples of how it’s done, as well as frame up how to think about audience intelligence and approach it so you get the info you’re looking for.
I would also encourage you to come back to re-research your audience from time to time. As your business grows your audience will change.
If you get something out of this video, please hit the like button and subscribe. There’s more to come!
Show notes and highlights:
- 1:50 Serve your audience by starting with goals
- 5:00 Analyzing your followers and building a sample set as a basis for decision making
- 6:20 Three ways to go about knowing your audience
- 9:30 Using survey data to drive interviews for a deeper dive
- 13:30 Using language to understand your audience’s psychology
- 14:30 How audience discovery leads to better content (and how to create expert content
- 18:58 Using SparkToro for audience discovery
- 32:30 The advantages of being an early adopter in audience intelligence
- 34:08 “Influence” Marketing – building your business without Google and Facebook
- 36:40 Just for fun: How SparkToro got its name.